Our 23’ Formula 233 Thunderbird, unlike larger charter boats that must remain close to their homeport, can be trailered to areas where the species of fish you prefer are active. Our boat is unique among the charter fleet and we have chosen Formula for two reasons: comfortable ride and seaworthiness. The Formula deep “V” hull is designed in an offshore racing format to provide comfortable ride and stability in even the roughest conditions. Once we’re on the water our new 2013 300hp main engine provides plenty of power and speed to get us on the fish quickly and reliably.
We use St. Croix, Fenwick, and Okuma rods coupled with Shimano, Diawa, and Penn reels. Our tackle setups and releases are the best by test of charter captains across the Great Lakes and our large selection of lures is continuously updated.
• 4 Big Jon electric downriggers and electric planner board mast
• Garmin GPS
• Simrad chartplotter, GPS, and fishfinder
• Ship to ship or shore radio and cell phone
• Simrad remote controlled auto-pilot
• Premium Stereo system and wide selection of MP3 music
• Depth Raider speed and water temp at downrigger cannon ball
• 2013 300hp main and 25hp trolling engines
• Private head (toilet)
• All Coast Guard required safety equipment